Update Mobile Number Registered for Aadhaar Card: Hello everyone!! Are you searching for how to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered for Aadhaar Card? Then you have visited the correct article. In this page, we will explain you about update mobile number registered for Aadhaar card in simple steps. Earlier to change the mobile number we should send an offline update request to UIDIA. Now, you no need to go to any aadhaar centers to do this work, and you can do this task online anywhere.
Aadhaar is necessary for every citizen of India. Aadhaar card is the identity of every resident in India. And it is important to register your mobile number when you apply for Aaadhaar card. If you have already registered your mobile number, then you can change/update mobile number registered for Aadhaar card. If your mobile number is not registered, then you can’t change or update the mobile number.
Why we need to Change/Update Mobile Number Registered for Aadhaar Card
Mobile number is compulsory to change or update aadhaar or to download E aadhaar Card. Updating the mobile number can be done through online, but make sure that your existing mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar. The mobile number should be working before you for the online update. It is because an OTP will be sent to your existing mobile for authentication. After submitting the OTP, now you will be able to link your new mobile number with Aadhaar.
There are various benefits by linking your mobile number to your Aadhaar. You can verify your income tax return through online using Aadhaar. You can also update personal details which are related to your aadhaar. For all these processes, an OTP will be sent o the registered mobile or updated mobile number. To download E Aadhaar, you also need the mobile number. There are also other uses of linking your mobile number to Aadhaar.
How to Update Mobile Number Registered for Aadhaar Card Through Online
- Open the UIDIA official website.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number
- Now enter the Captcha for verification.
- Click on the send OTP option
- The OTP will be forwarded to your existing mobile number.
- Then submit the OTP, which will take you to a new page.
- Under the ‘Select field(s) to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’.
Now enter the new mobile number which you want to update the database.
- Then click on Submit button.
Finally, you can update mobile number registered for Aadhaar Card.
Steps for How to Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number
Most of the citizens have created an Aadhaar account, but everyone did not link their Aadhaar with their current phone numbers. It is essential to avail the Public services, use online facilities, sign the documents through online, etc. So if you haven’t linked them, here are the steps for how to link your aadhar account with your mobile number.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Number.
- Copy of any photo identity document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Working Mobile Number.
- OTP Pin sent to mobile number
- fingerprint print for the biometric verification.
The process to Link:
- First, visit your nearest Aadhaar center.
- Ask them the required form to link aadhaar with the mobile number.
- Fill out the form correctly.
- Submit the form to the concerned person at the center.
- Mention on the form that only the mobile number is to be updated.
- While submitting the update form, along with your aadhaar you also need to give a copy of an identity proof.
- Now complete the Fingerprint Verification on Biometric Machine.
- Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation message for final verification.
- Reply with “Y.”
- Your Mobile number is successfully linked with your aadhaar card.