Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card: Recently the Government of India made mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card. The Linking of the Aadhaar Card to th PAN Card is quite an easy process. And the taxpayers all over the India are facing difficulties to find out the names in the government database while filing their income taxes. Their names do not match with the original names and the names that are in the database. Therefore the government has come up with a decision to link up the Aadhaar Card with the PAN Card. Most of the citizens are confused in linking the Aadhaar Card with PAN card and hence this is the right place where you can get the complete information on how to link up Aadhaar with PAN card.
It is must and should to follow the instructions that are given the higher official of the government department. Linking up the Aadhaar Card is the two-step process, and it does not require any login or register for the taxpayers. These days the government services and as well as the government schemes require the Aadhaar Card for the ID proof. Therefore it has become essential to link the Aadhaar Card with the PAN Card.
Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card
Any citizen of India can use this facility to link the PAN with the Aadhaar Card. The government of India is asking the people to link the PAN card with the Aadhaar number as it increases the transparency to check the every person’s transactions records. Hence it eliminates the Tax evasion.
Check How to Link Aadhaar With PAN using SMS
- First, send the SMS format to link the Aadhaar with PAN card.
- That is in the form of Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the below format.
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar Number><10 Digit PAN> for eg: UIDPAN 456123789100 AAAAAE1F2A
In this way, we can link the Aadhaar Card to the PAN Card through SMS. And also this department has issued the ads in the newspapers across the country the way of linking the Aadhaar with PAN Card. We can also visit the official e-filling website of the income tax department and then link both the documents. Hence by linking these two proof, you will get the tax facilities online.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN
To link Aadhaar Card with PAN card, we need to first register to the e-filling portal.
- The first thing you have to do is that log into the e-filling portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the ID and password and as well as the date of birth.
- Next, a pop-up window appears on the screen which prompts to link your PAN card with the Aadhaar Card.
- The details will be shown as they are given at the time of the registration on the e-filling portal.
- Verify the details on the screen that you have mentioned in your Aadhaar Card.
- And now if the details match then enter the Aadhaar Card number and then click on the ‘Link now’ button.
- At last pop-up window appears which gives the information about Aadhaar card which has been successfully linked to the PAN card.
Two Step Process to link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card
Step 1: Firstly visit the www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link which is in the left pane.
Step 2: Next give the details like PAN, Aadhaar Number and enter the name exactly as you given in the Aadhar Card and click on Submit. After the verification from the UIDAI which is the government website for the Aadhaar. Hence the linking will be confirmed.
Linking the Aadhaar with the PAN is available after you login to the income tax website. For this method, you can follow the below steps.